Asia is the largest continent of this planet which is full of wonders, both natural and man made. There are so many facts about Asia. Some of them we probably do not know. Friends, today I am sharing with you those essential facts, interesting facts,cool facts and amazing facts about Asia. I am certain; this is one of the great opportunities for you, where you can get lot of fun with these unknown facts. Let’s have a look!
There are 50 independent countries, in Asia. Following are the alphabetically names of the Asian countries.
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Asia is the biggest continent of the world which is having 45,036,490 square kilometers (17,388,690 square miles) land area.
- Asia covers about 30% of the Earth total land area.
- Asia covers 8.7% of Earth’s total surface area.
- There are six geographical regions of Asia. These are: Central, East, North, South, Southeast and Southwest.
- The highest pick of the world is called Mount Everest which is reaching 29,029 feet (8,848 meters) above sea level, is in Asia. Mount Everest is also called the highest point of the earth.
- Asia is home to the lowest point of the earth is called dead sea which is 1,312 feet (399 meters) below sea level.
- Ten out of ten world’s highest mountains are in Asia.
- According to United Nation data 2017, the current population of Asia is 4,467,787,549 as of 2nd April 2017.
- Asia covers 59.69% of the total world population.
- Asia’s population is greater than that of the all other continents combined.
- Every 10 people alive in the world today, six of the live in Asia.
- The most populated countries of the world China and India are in Asia.
- China and India are collectively make one third of population of the world.
- Asia is the highest population density in the world, because at 87 people are staying per square kilometer.
- World’s largest lake, Caspian Sea (143,244 square meter), is in Asia.
- The Caspian Sea is the largest inland water body covering an area about the size of Japan.
- Russia is the largest country of the world by land area (17,075,200 Square kilometers or 6,591,027 Square miles) in Asia.
- In Asia, Lake Baikal is the deepest lake of the world, sinking estimated 5,387 feet deep or 1,642 meters deep.
- Lake Baikal is the largest freshwater lake in terms of volume in the world.
- Surprisingly, Scientists believe that the Lake Baikal is holding 20% world’s surface fresh water.
- Russia and Turkey are situated in both continent in Asia and Europe.
- Egypt is situated in both continent in Africa and Asia.
- Interestingly, Armenia and Cyprus geographically are in Asia, but politically and culturally they are considered as a part of Europe.
- Asia is home to five of the world’s top ten rivers such Yangtze, Yenisei, Yellow, Ob-Irtysh and Lena.
- The oldest human civilization of the world like Mesopotamia civilization (7000 years old), Indus Valley civilization (6000 years old), were in Asia.
- Seven out of ten largest cities (by population) of the world are located in Asia. These cities are: Shanghai, Karachi, Beijing, Delhi, Tokyo, Guangzhou and Mumbai.
- Shanghai (China) is the largest city by population in the world.
- The Arabian Desert is the largest continuous sandy desert in the world.
- The first farmers and traders in the world were from Asia.
- Two out of three largest economy in the world are China (world rank 2nd with economic value-$12 trillion) and Japan (world rank 3rd with economic value $4.3 trillion) in Asia.
- The world’s most amazing and unique animals such as the Huge Panda, Asian Elephant, Lion, Bactree Camel, king Cobra, Javelin Dragon, Yak, and Indian Gands are found in Asia.
- It is believed that the name of Asia has come from the Greek civilization, but there is no solid evidence of this.
- China is the second highest achiever in the world in terms of Human Development Index improvement since 1970.
- Besides its economic development, Asia is the home to 44 backward tribes of the world, which are not in contact with modern civilization; they are still in the dense forest of Indonesia and Papua.
- Asian city Bangkok was the most visited city in the world, as per the Master Card Global Destination Cities Index 2013.
- Asian country Japan’s life expectancy is the longest in the world like 85 years for men and 87.3 years for women.
- Asian country India is the largest democracy in the world.
- There are 1600 temples in the Asian city Kyoto (Japan)
- According to QS best student cities 2017 index, Asian city Seoul, South Korea is ranking 4th in the world for the students.
- The Maldives is the smallest country in Asia in terms of both area and population.
- Asians, were the first to use writing as an activity.
- Eight out of ten largest mall in the world, are located in Asia.
- Nine out of ten world’s tallest buildings, are located in Asia.
- Asia is the only continent of this planet that is sharing its boundary with Europe and Africa. Surprisingly, it is also sharing its border with North America, whilst the Bering Sea is freezed.
- Asian country North Korea is one of the world’s countries where the proportion of the mobile phones to the people is the lowest in the world. That means nine out of hundred people have a mobile phone.
- As of 2012,there were more millionaires in Tokyo (460,700) than in the New York city (389,100)
- China produces 45 billion pairs of chopsticks each year.
- Surprisingly, only two places in the world are home to wild orangutans, one is the island of Borneo (Shared by Indonesia and Malaysia) and second one is Sumatra (Indonesia). Both of these places are in Asia.
- South Korea has a separate Valentine’s Day for single people.
- There are more than 150 volcanoes in Indonesia.
- Indonesia, which is made up of more than 17,000 island, is the world’s largest archipelago.
- The five most prevalent religions in the world such as Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Chinese Folk Religion and Buddhism are rooted in Asia.
- Nepal is the first country in Asia to introduce gay marriage.
- Amazing! Most of the tiger lives in Asia, not in Africa
- China is bigger than USA, but interestingly it has only one time zone.
- The world’s largest 153 meters sculpture is in Spring Temple Buddha in China.
- World’s smallest mammal is called Bumblebee bat is found in Western Thailand.
- Both Asian and Africans have to walk an average of 3.7 miles (6 KM) to collect water.
- In Asia, 90% of the world’s rice is consumed.
- About 50% of Asians have trouble metabolizing alcohol due to a missing enzyme needed to process it.
- Indonesia is the country composed of islands. There are 17,508 island around the county and 6,000 of these islands are inhabited by people.
- The Great Wall of China which is the world’s longest man-made structures. The length is 8851.8 kilometers.
- Asian country South Korea is the fastest internet connection in the world, with average speed connection is 26.7(Mb/s).
- Out of three the fastest internet using cities of the world are in Asia. These are Seoul (South Korea),Tokyo (Japan) and Hong Kong (China)
- Asian country Bhutan is the only country of the world that bans sale of tobacco.
- China is the second longest railway network in the world, with a route length of over 100,000 kilometers.
- Eden Gardens, Kolkata (India) is the second largest cricket ground, with 66,000 seating capacity.
- India is the fourth longest railway in the world, with a route length of over 65,000 kilometers.
- India is the second largest active Twitter users country in the world, with 41.19 million monthly active users.
- Singapore Changi Airport is the best airport in the world.
- Out of two the highest internet users countries in the world are in Asia. These are China (731,434,547) and India (462,124,989)
- Six out of ten the best airports of the world are located in Asia.
- Hong Kong has over 8,000 skyscrapers. This is twice as much as in New York
- India is the second largest face book users country in the world, with 109 million users.
- Indonesia is the fourth most populous country in the world.
- Rungrado May Day Stadium which is in Pyongyang (North Korea) that is the largest Football (Soccer) stadium in the world, with a seating capacity of 150,000 people.
- World’s largest flower is Rafflesia, which is found in South East Asia.
- Japan is the second largest the most millionaires (2,720,000) in the world.
- Internet top level domain(TLD) for Asia is .asia
- Japan has produced 22 Nobel Laureates.
- India’s Maharajas Express (Delhi to Mumbai) one of the most luxurious train in the world.
- India is the highest mango producer in the world which produces 12 million tons of the mangoes every year.
- Sholapur is a small town in India where new born children are thrown from the top of a 50 foot tower to bring them good luck and wealth.
- Top two rice producer countries in the world are China and India.
- There are over 50,000 people living in Japan who are over 100 years old.
- Alexander the Great who borne in Europe, died in Asia and buried in Africa.
- Interestingly, it’s illegal to be fat in Japan.
- China is the second highest (70) number of medal at the Rio Olympics.
- India is the largest ($72 billion) recipient for the remittances in the world, As per world bank 2015 Index.
- Two Asian country Russia and China are permanent member of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
- The expenses of India’s Mars mission is less than the expenses of Hollywood’s movies ‘Gravity’.
- National hockey stadium, Lahore (Pakistan) is the biggest field hockey stadium in the world. It has a seating capacity of 45,000 people.
- Six out of ten the largest oil production country in the world, are in Asia.
- India is the largest milk producer country in the world.
- China has the largest standing army in the world.
- Chenani-Nashri (10.89 kilometers) tunnel is the Asia’s longest bi-directional tunnel which is in Kashmir, India.
- The constitution of India is the longest written constitution in the world which is containing 444 articles in 22 parts, 12 schedules and 118 amendments, with 146,385 words in its English language version.
- Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) is the second busiest airport in the world.
- Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip garden in Srinagar, India is the largest tulip garden in Asia.
- Eight out of ten tallest statues in the world are located in Asia.
- National University of Singapore (NUS) is the top university in Asia.
- India has the third largest standing army in the world
- China and India are the largest fruit producer countries in the world.
- Wang Jianlin (China) is the richest person in Asia.
- China is the largest producer of Iron, Manganese, Tin, and Aluminum in the world.
- Malala Yousafzai, Afghanistan is the youngest United Nations messenger of peace.
- Zhengzhou hospital in China is the biggest hospital in the world which is having 7000 beds.
- Yangtze is the third largest river in the world, is in Asia.
- In Asia, there are 2,301 spoken languages.
- Five out of ten top milk producing countries are in Asia.
- Indian cricketer Virat Kohli is the most followed cricketer on Facebook in the world.
- Mandarin Chinese is the largest spoken language in the world.
Friends, hope you like this articles and please share this articles with yours friends.