Hello friends, welcome to myblogclick. Today I am sharing with you Kofi Annan’s inspirational quotes. Let me share with you briefly about Kofi Annan.
Kofi Annan is Ghanaian diplomat who severed as the seventh the United Nation’s secretary General in the period of 1997 to 2006.He has done lots of activity regarding HIV and reformed the United Nation’s bureaucracy in his tenure.
Kofi Annan was born 8th April 1938 in Kumasi, Ghana. And he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize jointly to the United Nation in 2001.
Friends let me share with you Kofi Annan’s evergreen and inspirational quotes.
- The lord had the wonderful advantage of being able to work alone.
- Without a dream you’ll not get anywhere.
- We need to keep hope alive and strive to do better.
- If you are neutral in a situation where one side is patently being mistreated, the conclusion is that you’re siding with this wrong.
- We may have different religions, different languages, different colored skin, but we all belong to one human race.
- The future belongs to you, but it can only belong to you if you participate and take charge.
- Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progressive, in every society, in every family.
- I have always believed that on important issues, the leaders must lead. Where the leaders fail to lead, and people are really concerned about it, the people will take the lead and make the leaders follow.
- Education is, quite simply, peace-building by another name. It is the most effective form of defense spending there is.
- When women thrive, all of society benefits, and succeeding generations are given a better start in life.
- The world is not ours to keep. We hold it in trust for future generations.
- As one of my predecessors said, our objective is not to take people to heaven, but to prevent humanity from going to hell.
- Literacy is a bridge from misery to hope.
- If one is going to err, one should err on the side of liberty and freedom.
- We need to think of the future and the planet we are going to leave to our children and their children.
- If information and knowledge are central to democracy, they are conditions for development.
- Gather the five virtues (Dignity, Confidence, Courage, Compassion and Faith). Then you are a man.
- To educate girls is to reduce poverty.
- Peace is never a perfect achievement.
- Business cannot prosper in societies that fail.
You may also read APJ Abdul Kalam’s Quote
- The status quo cannot work.
- Young people should be at the forefront of global change and innovation. Empowered, they can be key agents for development and peace.
- Business, labour and civil society organizations have skills and resources that are vital in helping to build a more robust global community.
- Education is a human right with immense power to transform. On its foundation rest the cornerstones of freedom, democracy, and the sustainable human development.
- I am often asked what can people do to become a good global citizen? I reply that it begins in your own community.
- Justice has taken its course and the authority and legitimacy of the legal process must be respected.
- Reform is process, and not an event.
- We can love what we are, without hating what, and who, we are not.
- For everyone, everywhere, literacy is ,along with education in general, a basic human right.
- Poverty devastates families, communities and nations. It causes instability and political unrest and fuels conflict.
- There is no development strategy more beneficial to society as a whole-women and men alike-than the one which involves women as central players.
- The problem is not with the faith, but with the faithful.
- One has to learn from history. Quite frankly, it is almost impossible to have a sense of vision without a sense of history. If history is learned, it does not have to repeat itself over generations.
- Intelligence can be used to manipulate.
- We have the means and capacity to deal with our problems, if only we can find the political will.
- Gender equality is more than a goal itself. It is a precondition for the meeting the challenge of deducing the poverty, promoting sustainable development and building good governance.
- You have to wake up every day ready to start again.
You may also read 66 Inspirational Quotes By Nelson Mandela That You Must Know
- Each crisis is different, has its own specificities, and we need to look at it critically; look at each one in its own terms.
- Extreme poverty anywhere is a threat to human security everywhere.
- Any society that does not succeed in tapping into the energy and creativity of its youth will be left behind.
- Young people must be included from birth. A society that cuts itself off from its youth serves its lifeline.
- We don’t need any more promises. We need to start keeping the promises we already made.
- The happiness of any society beings with the wellbeing of the families that live in it.
- Children are our future, and their mothers are its guardians.
- To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there.
- You need to be careful not to over reach and also assess the capacity you have to work with.
- You can do a lot with diplomacy, but with diplomacy backed up by force you can get a lot more done.
- It has been said that arguing against globalization is like arguing against the laws of gravity.
- It is well known that you can only manage what you measure, and as this is the job of professional accountants, it means they have huge influence on companies’ governance.
You may also read 63 Heart Touching Quotes By Mother Teresa
- One has to have the strength of character to say the time has come to move on…unless you are a king.
- There are lots of questions which have to be answered.
Friends, I hope you like this inspirational quotes by Kofi Annan article. Kindly share this article with your three friends and colleagues. Yours one share can be a surprised gift for others.
Thanks for visiting myblogclick. And click again for latest update.