Hello friends,welcome to myblogclick. Today is 2nd October and is also the birth day of Mahatma Gandhi. Mahatma Gandhi was one of the most prominent leaders during Indian Independence movement.
Today I am sharing with you Mahatma Gandhi unknown and surprising facts.
- Mahatma Gandhi was born 2nd October 1869 in Porbandar, India.
- The real name of Mahatma Gandhi was Mohandas Karam Chand Gandhi.
- Mahatma Gandhi is widely known as ‘’Father of Nation’’ of Republic of India.
- He is also called ‘Bapu’ in India. It means ‘father’.
- During his childhood, he was afraid of the dark.
- He used to travel with his goat because of he could have fresh milk.
- He was married as he was 13 years old to Kasturba Gandhi.
- His father name was Karam Chand Gandhi.
- His mother name was Putlibai Gandhi.
- He was nominated Nobel Peace Prize 5 times in 1937,1938,1939,1947 and 1948.
- He lived 21 years in South Africa.
- He was the founder of 3 football clubs in South Africa all of which were given the same name ‘Passive Resisters Soccer Club’.
- His image has appeared on all denomination of Indian currency since 1996.
- ‘Mahatma’ is not his first name. It is a title that he was given. ’Mahatma’ means great soul. It was given to him 1915 by Rabindranath Tagore.
- His life aims were truth, spiritualism, religiousness, honesty, loyalty, non-violence and so on.
- He was assassinated 30th Jan 1948 by Nathuram Godse.
- His funeral procession was 8 kilometers long.
- He spoke English with an Irish accent because of his first teacher was an Irishman.
- He walked around 18 kilometers every day during his campaign (1913-1938) which was 40 years.
- There are 53 roads in India and 48 roads outside India are named after him.
- Since 2007, his birth day is being celebrated as International Day of Non-violence in the worldwide.
- He never held an official position in any political body during the final year of his life.
- He is the first and only Indian to have been awarded ‘’Time person of the year’. He was awarded in 1930.
- He was inspired most of the greatest leaders like Martin Luther King Junior, Nelson Mandela and Dalai Lama.
- He was extremely punctual.
- He has a set of false teeth which he carried in a fold of his loin cloth. He put them in his mouth only when he wanted to eat.
Friends, I hope you like this article. Kindly share this article with your three (3) friends or colleagues as well. By the way, you can join our Facebook group here, so do not hesitate to add yourself.
Friends let me finish my article with this quote ‘’ If you want to change the world, start with yourself.’’ By Mahatma Gandhi
Thanks for visiting myblogclick and keep on visiting for more updates. Have a good day!